Gluten-Free and Casein-Free Preparations
- Children with autism may benefit from a gluten-free and casein-free diet.
- Gluten is a protein found in wheat and other grains such as rye, oats and barley.
- Casein is the main protein found in dairy products.
- Many commonly used medications – antibiotics, decongestants, and pain relievers including acetaminophen and ibuprofen – may contain gluten.
- Some probiotics contain casein.
- Bulk chemicals must be checked to be sure that they are gluten-free.
- Even flavors can contain gluten.
Partell Pharmacy can compound preparations that are free of gluten and casein to solve problems for sensitive individuals. For example, Partell Pharmacy can formulate suspensions using an agent that does not contain gluten or casein and does not feed yeast.